Electric Bike Rentals in Asheville
2 hour, 4 hour, 8 hour or multi-day rentals
State-of-the-art electric bikes and equipment
Local recommendations & suggested routes provided
In addition to leading awesome tours, The Flying Bike is proud to rent out our fleet of Pedego electric bikes. If you would like to explore Asheville on your own or want to extend the amount of time with our electric bikes, we do a limited amount of rentals or “self-guided” tours each day.
$29/bike for 2 hours
$49/bike for 4 hours
$79/bike for 8 hours
Rather than following our usual private tour route, a custom tour allows for a bit of flexibility. If you’re an Art Deco enthusiast, we can tailor your tour to focus on all the Art Deco architecture that Asheville is renowned for. If culture is your thing, we won’t miss out on all the art studios and breweries that inhabit Asheville’s diverse neighborhoods. Tell us about your interests and we’ll design a unique tour route that includes all of the sites we think you’ll love.
Pick-up is outside the 3 bay garage. Our shop is easy walking distance from downtown Asheville. If you’re driving, there is parking in the gravel lot for $3/day. You can also find free and metered parking on the surrounding streets.
Please wear closed-toe shoes. We also recommend rain gear, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a camera. On the back rack of each bike is a bag the size of a shoe box with a waterproof cover and optional front basket for your belongings.
In the event of inclement weather, we will contact you an hour before your scheduled rental to see if you’d still like to ride. If you decide against it, we can reschedule your rental for another time/day or provide a full refund.
For your safety and enjoyment, we do not ride in heavy rain, thunderstorms, or snow. If the weather is questionable, we will contact you at least 1 hour before the tour to discuss your options.
Helmet • Bike lock • Cold spring water in eco-friendly reusable bottle • Rear cargo bag with rain cover • Ponchos for unexpected rain • An optional front basket • A map of Asheville with points of interest
Our Rental Bikes
Pedego Boomerang Plus
The Pedego Boomerang Plus is lowest step-through electric bike on the market, which means it’s easy to mount and comfortable to ride! With both pedal assist and throttle power, it will help you up those Asheville hills! The best thing about this bike is you can choose how much pedal assist you’d like, so you can get a workout or relax and let the motor do the work for you.
Explore Asheville Your Way
If you’d like to venture out to explore Asheville on your own, rent a comfortable and easy-to-ride electric bicycle from The Flying Bike! Our rentals give you the flexibility to see Asheville at your own pace and the electric pedal-assist option on our bikes let you ride uphill with ease and wander as far as you’d like! As locals and fans of our own great city, we’re happy to give you recommendations for things to do, places to explore, and even bars and restaurants to stop in to get a taste of Asheville.
- The legal age to operate electric bikes is 16 years old.
- A driver’s license is not required to ride an electric bike.
- Our suggested minimum height is 5 feet tall to operate your own e-bike. Shorter participants may accompany another tour-goer as a passenger on a cargo bike.
- The weight limit for the Pedego Boomerang is 350 lbs, and greater for our cargo bikes.
- While no experience riding an electric bike necessary, guests must be able to confidently ride a standard bike. If it has been a while since you’ve been on a bike, we highly recommend you practice, even just once, before your pick up your rental.
- Your safety is our first priority, and if you do not feel comfortable riding your electric bike at the start of the rental period, we’ll offer you a full refund.