Your Electric Bike Tour of Asheville is coming up!
We've compiled some information to help you plan your visit
How to Prepare
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in with your guide, select your bike and begin the group instruction and practice ride.
- Wear comfortable clothes and closed-toe shoes. Bring layers if you are riding in the early morning or evening- it tends to be much cooler at these times compared to midday!
- Bring rain gear if the forecast calls for light rain. We will provide one-size-fits-all ponchos and a shoebox-sized bike bag with waterproof cover. We will not ride in severe weather.
- Bring a phone or camera to take photos of the sights along the way.
- Wear sunscreen and/or sunglasses.
- We will provide a bottle of water, but no snacks. If you feel like you or your group will need a snack, you are welcome to pack one in the provided bike bag.
- All guides are CPR/First Aid certified and carry a first aid kit for minor injuries. If you have any medical concerns, such as bee allergies or asthma, please bring your medications with you. Guides are not certified to administer these medications, but it is important that they are aware of your health needs and will assist in any emergency.
- We will provide helmets, fresh spring water, bike bags and/or baskets, ponchos, child seats and passenger accessories, a map for bike rentals, and, of course, our state-of-the-art electric bikes!
- There are no restrooms available at our location, but we will make two bathroom stops during the tour.
We are located in a very safe part of town with a lot of activity, but Asheville is still a city where things can happen. It is best to leave any valuables at the place you’re staying, but if needed you can bring them on your ride. The next best thing is to leave them in the trunk or out of sight in your locked vehicle. If you have already checked out of your hotel, and do not have a vehicle, we are happy to store your items in our locked building during your ride. However, The Flying Bike will not be held liable for any missing or damaged items either left in our building or taken out on the bikes. It is no fun to end a ride with a lost or damaged item, so please keep them safe!
The parking lot around our building is a pay-per-space lot that costs $3/day. Note the number of your space and pay at the parking lot kiosk. To avoid a parking expense, please look for on-street parking as you approach our location. There are often open spaces on Coxe Avenue as well as Millard Avenue within a block of us. We are also within a 10-15 minute walk from many of the hotels and parking decks downtown.