Your Electric Bike Tour of Asheville is coming up!
WE’VE COMPILED SOME INFORMATION TO HELP YOU PLAN YOUR VISIT
HOW TO PREPARE
- For the safety of our guests, staff and community, please read and abide by our COVID-19 Safety Policies. (Link)
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in with your guide, select your bike, and begin the group instruction and practice ride. In addition to this brief orientation, we encourage you to watch this short instructional video provided by Pedego that explains how to operate a Pedego electric bike.
- Wear comfortable clothes and closed-toe shoes. Bring layers if you are riding in the early morning or evening- it tends to be much cooler at these times compared to midday!
- Bring rain gear if the forecast calls for light rain. We will provide one-size-fits-all ponchos and a shoebox-sized bike bag with a waterproof cover. We will not ride in severe weather.
- Bring a phone or camera to take photos of the sights along the way.
- Wear sunscreen and/or sunglasses.
- We will provide a bottle of water, but no snacks. If you feel like you or your group will need a snack, you are welcome to pack one in the provided bike bag.
- All guides are CPR/First Aid certified and carry a first aid kit for minor injuries. If you have any medical concerns, such as bee allergies or asthma, please bring your medications with you. Guides are not certified to administer these medications, but it is important that they are aware of your health needs and will assist in any emergency.
- We will provide helmets, fresh spring water, bike bags and/or baskets, ponchos, child seats, passenger accessories, a map for bike rentals, and, of course, our state-of-the-art electric bikes!
- Restrooms are available at our location.
We are located in a very safe part of town with a lot of activity, but Asheville is still a city where things can happen. It is best to leave any valuables at the place you’re staying, but if needed you can bring them on your ride. The next best thing is to leave them in the trunk or out of sight in your locked vehicle. If you have already checked out of your hotel, and do not have a vehicle, we are happy to store your items in our locked building during your ride. However, The Flying Bike will not be held liable for any missing or damaged items either left in our building or taken out on the bikes. It is no fun to end a ride with a lost or damaged item, so please keep them safe!
The paved parking lot located at the end of River Arts Place and the gravel lot located across the railroad tracks on Lyman Street (in front of Wedge Brewery) are free to park in during the day. You can also park in the gravel lot adjacent to the public restrooms on River Arts Place. Please do not park in the paved parking lot in front of Curve Studios nor the gravel lot directly across the street from our front doors, this is reserved for employee parking.