The Flying Bike is proud to rent out our fleet of Pedego electric bikes for you to explore Asheville on your own. Reserve your rental online today!
- See the highlights of Asheville on our top-rated City Tour, or we can create a custom experience tailored to your interests
- Electric assist of bikes allows riders of all ages and abilities to stay together and have fun
- Multiple guides provided for large groups, to ensure personal attention and safety
- Group discounts available for parties of 6 or more
- Group Tours Per Person For groups of 6 or more Passengers under 16 ride free!
- Pricing for custom tours varies depending on your requests. Please contact us about your interests and goals for the ride, and we will make it happen!
No matter your group size, The Flying Bike will show your party a unique and memorable time in Asheville! Whether you need a corporate team-building experience, a fun bachelorette adventure, an educational outing or custom tour for two, we can discuss your needs and help you decide on a plan that is best for your group. For large groups, we provide additional guides to ensure a great experience. We go above and beyond to show your group an amazing time- and we have thanked you letters to prove it!
Custom Tours Tailored to Your Interests
Rather than following one of our typical tour routes, a custom tour allows for some flexibility. If you’re an Art Deco enthusiast, we can tailor your tour to focus on the architecture that Asheville is renowned for. If you’re a foodie, we’ll be sure to add in our favorite bites in town. Sustainability tours and brewery tours have also been popular requests. Asheville has no lack of things to see and off-the-beaten-path adventures. Tell us about your interests and we’ll design a unique tour route that includes all of the sites we think you’ll love.
Please wear closed-toe shoes. We also recommend rain gear, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a camera. On the back rack of each bike is a bag the size of a shoebox with a waterproof cover and an optional front basket for your belongings.
- Electric bike
- Cold spring water, but you must bring your own bottle
- Rear cargo bag with rain cover
- Ponchos for unexpected rain
- Optional front basket
- Bike locks for optional stops
Passenger Riding Option
Padded seat, rails or handlebars, Yepp Maxi child seats for children 6 years and younger
- The legal age to operate electric bikes is 16 years old.
- A driver’s license is not required to ride an electric bike.
- Our suggested minimum height is 5 feet tall to operate your own e-bike. Shorter participants may accompany another tour-goer as a passenger on a cargo bike.
- The weight limit for the Pedego Boomerang is 350 lbs, and greater for our cargo bikes.
- To take an electric bike tour, you should have the balance and dexterity to ride and control a 55-pound bike. Although they’re electric, you must have a basic level of fitness. If you have any questions or concerns about your ability, just contact us. If it has been a while since you’ve been on a bike, we highly recommend you practice, even just once, before your tour.
- Your safety is our first priority, and if you do not feel comfortable riding your electric bike at the start of your tour, we’ll offer you a full refund or the option of riding along with another guest in your party on our Pedego Stretch cargo bikes.
If the weather is questionable, the tour guide will contact you at least 1 hour before the tour to discuss your options.
We will still ride in light rain, but for your safety and enjoyment, we do not ride in heavy rain, thunderstorms or snow. In the case of a tour being canceled due to weather, we are happy to offer a 100% refund or exchange your booking for another day.