The Flying Bike is proud to rent out our fleet of Pedego e-bikes for you to explore Asheville on your own. Reserve your electric bike rental online today!
Downtown Asheville Tour with Tastings
- Bike for Rider Ages 16+
- Bike for Carrying Child Adult Rider with Child Age 15 and Under
An eBike ride that appeals to all 5 senses? This Asheville Food Tour is for you!
The people of Asheville put love into everything they do. This is a city surrounded by mountains, which wouldn’t exist without generations of passionate people waking up every day and making amazing things happen. It can be hard to see all of those lovely layers during a trip here, but with our electric bikes and caring guides as your gateway, we’ve crafted a 4-hour trip into the heart of what makes Asheville special: comforting flavors, sweet smells, hard-learned crafts, handmade instruments, incredible architecture, and inspiring views. This is an Asheville Food Tour to excite all 5 senses.
Our first stop will be at the halls of the Grove Arcade, a masterpiece of local architecture built 100 years ago by E.W. Grove to be the finest shopping experience in the world. You’ll have a few minutes to shop around, hear a demonstration of handmade Appalachian stringed instruments, or peruse locally spun textiles.
From there we will ride down the quaint streets of the Historic Montford Neighborhood alongside some of the most beautiful grand old homes in Asheville. We’ll then take the peaceful Reed Creek and Glenn’s Creek Greenways to stop in at Luella’s Barbeque for a savory snack of your choice – with meat, veggie, and vegan options.
Then we start the climb through North Asheville neighborhoods up to the historic Grove Park Inn. We will tour through the inn’s grand lobby, pass in front of the magnificent 14-foot fireplaces, and take in the view of the Blue Ridge Mountains from the Sunset Terrace. A perfect picture spot!
After heading back downtown, we’ll stop in Pack Square to enjoy a sweet treat from French Broad Chocolate Lounge, while learning about Asheville’s layered history in the spot where Asheville was originally founded. Our ride will conclude at our 225 Coxe Avenue location.
We recommend looking ahead at the weather and dressing accordingly, with layers. Also recommended is rain gear in cases of light showers, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Wearing sandals, particularly flip-flops is discouraged. On the back rack of each bike is a bag the size of a shoebox with a waterproof cover. If you bring a refillable water bottle, we have complimentary spring water available.
Riding gloves upon request
Springwater. Please bring your own water bottle!
Bike bags for your extra gear, phone, or small bag
Ponchos for unexpected rain
Pedego Electric Bikes
We ride a blended fleet of the highly trusted Pedego electric bikes, which we also sell! The Boomerang is accessible for most any rider, with the lowest step-through height on the market. The City Commuter is a very approachable around-town bike. The element is a steady, stable and fun fat-tire bike. And the Pedego Stretch is our bike capable of carrying children up to 130lbs. We’ll match you to the ideal bike when you arrive. With both pedal assist and throttle power, it will help you up those Asheville hills! The best thing about this bike is you can choose how much pedal assistance you’d like, so you can get a workout or relax and let the motor do the work for you.
- The legal age to operate electric bikes is 16 years old.
- Participants 8 years and older may ride as a passenger on an electric cargo bike. For parties with younger children, please arrange a private tour where our bikes can be set up to accommodate children ages 1 and older.
- A driver’s license is not required to operate an electric bike.
- Our suggested minimum height is 5 feet tall to operate your own e-bike. Shorter participants may accompany another tour-goer as a passenger on a cargo bike.
- The weight limit for the Pedego Boomerang is 350 lbs, and greater for our cargo bikes.
- While no experience riding an electric bike is necessary, guests must have a basic level of fitness and be able to confidently ride a standard bike. If it has been a while since you’ve been on a bike, we highly recommend you practice, even just once, before your tour.
- Your safety is our priority, and if you don’t feel comfortable riding your electric bike at the start of your tour, we’ll offer you a full refund or the option of riding along with another guest in your party in our Pedego Stretch cargo bikes.
If the weather is questionable, the tour guide will contact you at least 1 hour before the tour to discuss your options.
We will still ride in light rain, but for your safety and enjoyment, we do not ride in heavy rain, thunderstorms or snow. In the case of a tour being canceled due to weather, we are happy to offer a 100% refund or exchange your booking for another day.