The Flying Bike is proud to rent out our fleet of Pedego electric bikes for you to explore Asheville on your own. Reserve your rental online today!
- Electric bikes to easily conquer Asheville’s hills
- Ride through the South Slope
- Explore the Montford neighborhood
- Climb the hill to the Omni Grove Park Inn
- Spot Asheville’s high concentration of Art Deco architecture
- Bike for Rider Ages 16+
- Bike for Carrying Child Adult Rider with Child Age 15 and Under
Experience Asheville With an Expert Local Guide
An electric bike tour around Asheville is the perfect way to get up close and personal with the city’s charming character and fascinating history. We’ll see Asheville’s noteworthy architectural gems, take in the stunning scenery from carefully chosen viewpoints, hear the stories behind Asheville’s historic sites, and find out how the city has changed in recent years and what makes it so special today. Our electric bikes help you safely navigate Asheville’s hilly terrain while keeping you close to all of the action.
Join us on a fun-filled and informative bike ride around downtown Asheville! Meet us at our shop in the heart of the up-and-coming South Slope amidst the breweries, art galleries, and restaurants that are making a name for this neighborhood. After putting the electric bikes to the test on a short ride up the slope, we will ride downtown past some of the unique local shops and businesses that make Asheville so different from any other city in the region.
Our first stop will be at the amazing Basilica of St. Lawrence, a masterpiece of local architecture built by Rafael Guastavino, whose work is featured in Grand Central Station and the Biltmore Estate.
From there we will ride down the quiet streets of the Historic Montford Neighborhood alongside some of the most beautiful grand old homes in Asheville. We’ll then take the peaceful Reed Creek and Glenn’s Creek Greenways past UNC Asheville before starting the climb through North Asheville neighborhoods up to the historic Grove Park Inn. We will walk through the Inn and get a magnificent view from the Sunset Terrace.
After heading back downtown, we’ll stop in Pack Square, where Asheville was originally founded. Here is a perfect vantage point to learn about Asheville’s history and its abundant art-deco architecture, the second largest collection in the country. Our final stop will be in the heart of the South Slope, where we will share the recent history of Asheville, its challenges, and triumphs. Our ride will conclude at our 225 Coxe Avenue location.
Pedego Boomerang Plus
The Pedego Boomerang Plus is the lowest step-through electric bike on the market, which means it’s easy to mount and comfortable to ride! With both pedal assist and throttle power, it will help you up those Asheville hills! The best thing about this bike is you can choose how much pedal assistance you’d like, so you can get a workout or relax and let the motor do the work for you.
We also recommend rain gear, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a camera. On the back rack of each bike is a bag the size of a shoebox with a waterproof cover.
- Electric bike
- Springwater. Please bring your own water bottle!
- Rear cargo bag with rain cover
- Ponchos for unexpected rain
- The legal age to operate electric bikes is 16 years old.
- Participants 8 years and older may ride as a passenger on an electric cargo bike. For parties with younger children, please arrange a private tour where our bikes can be set up to accommodate children ages 1 and older.
- A driver’s license is not required to operate an electric bike.
- Our suggested minimum height is 5 feet tall to operate your own e-bike. Shorter participants may accompany another tour-goer as a passenger on a cargo bike.
- The weight limit for the Pedego Boomerang is 350 lbs, and greater for our cargo bikes.
- While no experience riding an electric bike is necessary, guests must have a basic level of fitness and be able to confidently ride a standard bike. If it has been a while since you’ve been on a bike, we highly recommend you practice, even just once, before your tour.
- Your safety is our priority, and if you don’t feel comfortable riding your electric bike at the start of your tour, we’ll offer you a full refund or the option of riding along with another guest in your party in our Pedego Stretch cargo bikes.
If the weather is questionable, the tour guide will contact you at least 1 hour before the tour to discuss your options.
We will still ride in light rain, but for your safety and enjoyment, we do not ride in heavy rain, thunderstorms or snow. In the case of a tour being canceled due to weather, we are happy to offer a 100% refund or exchange your booking for another day.