We are fortunate that biking is an outdoor activity, which helps limit the spread of COVID-19. The health and safety of our guests and our community is our focus during this challenging time. Here is our plan at The Flying Bike to help keep everyone as safe as possible:
- Hand sanitizer, buffs or masks, and gloves are available at our shop before the start of your tour or rental. A restroom is available on-site as well.
- At this time, we are limiting mixed groups to parties of 8.
- We ask that parties that did not come together keep at least a 6-foot distance between themselves and other guests and guides. In the case that less than 6 feet become necessary, we require that you wear a mask or buff. If you prefer to be with only your group members, please book a private tour.
- We are limiting indoor time as much as possible. Orientation at the start of your tour or rental will be done outside. Waivers will be signed electronically prior to arrival or with your phone on-site. Helmet pick up will be near the door. Any time indoors, whether in the shop or during tour stops, will not be required. We ask that all guests and staff wear masks or buffs while indoors.
- Bikes are cleaned and wiped down with an alcohol-based disinfectant after every ride.
- Helmets are wiped down and sprayed with alcohol-based disinfectant after every ride. Tour participants may also bring their own helmet if they prefer.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottle which can be filled with cold spring water at the shop.
- A health screening section has been added to our waivers, to help ensure the safety of guests and staff. Both guides and guests will be screened before the start of the tour for any symptoms of COVID-19.