An Asheville electric bike tour is the perfect way to get up close and personal with the city’s charming character and fascinating history. Ride uphill with ease and learn about the city.
Asheville Electric Bike Rental
- 2 Hours
- 4 Hours
- 8 Hours
Explore Asheville Your Way
In addition to leading awesome tours, The Flying Bike is proud to rent out our fleet of Pedego electric bikes. If you would like to explore Asheville on your own or want to extend the amount of time with our electric bikes, we do a limited amount of rentals or “self-guided” tours each day.
If you’d like to venture out to experience Asheville on your own, rent a comfortable and easy-to-ride electric bicycle from The Flying Bike! Our Asheville Electric Bike Rentals give you the flexibility to see the city at your own pace and the electric pedal-assist option on our bikes lets you ride uphill with ease and wander as far as you’d like! As locals and fans of our own great city, we’re happy to give you recommendations for things to do, places to explore, and even bars and restaurants to stop in to get a taste of Asheville. The Flying Bike is your premium option for electric bike rentals in Asheville, NC.
Pedego Boomerang Plus
The Pedego Boomerang Plus is the lowest step-through electric bike on the market, which means it’s easy to mount and comfortable to ride! With both pedal assist and throttle power, it will help you up those Asheville hills! The best thing about this bike is you can choose how much pedal assistance you’d like, so you can get a workout or relax and let the motor do the work for you.
This bike is designed to accommodate two riders. We can equip it with a child’s seat for children as young as two years old or we can adjust it for older children. Even adults ride on the back! Bring the whole family with you on your rental!
The Pedego Element is a 20″ fat tire bike that is fast and fun. The Element is compact and offers a stable ride, its wide, off-road tires help you grip the street or trails.
This e-bike has a classic look and feel to it. With wide handlebars for upright and ergonomic riding, you will feel comfortable while you conquer the hills of downtown Asheville.
We also recommend rain gear, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a camera. On the back rack of each bike is a bag the size of a shoebox with a waterproof cover.
- Bike lock
- Cold spring water. Please bring your own water bottle!
- Rear cargo bag with rain cover
- Ponchos for unexpected rain
- A map of Asheville with points of interest
- All renters must wear a helmet at all times while they are riding the bike.
- The legal age to operate electric bikes is 16 years old.
- A driver’s license is not required to ride an electric bike.
- Our suggested minimum height is 5 feet tall to operate your own e-bike. Shorter participants may accompany another tour-goer as a passenger on a cargo bike.
- The weight limit for the Pedego Boomerang is 350 lbs, and greater for our cargo bikes.
- While no experience riding an electric bike necessary, guests must be able to confidently ride a standard bike. If it has been a while since you’ve been on a bike, we highly recommend you practice, even just once, before you pick up your rental.
- Your safety is our first priority, and if you do not feel comfortable riding your electric bike at the start of the rental period, we’ll offer you a full refund.
- All riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult chaperone who is 25 years or older and who must stay with the group at all times during the rental.
In the event of inclement weather, we will contact you an hour before your scheduled rental to see if you’d still like to ride. If you decide against it, we can reschedule your rental for another time/day or provide a full refund.