An Asheville electric bike tour is the perfect way to get up close and personal with the city’s charming character and fascinating history. See Asheville’s noteworthy architectural gems, take in the stunning mountain scenery from carefully chosen viewpoints, and hear the stories behind Asheville’s best historic sites. The electric pedal assist and throttles on our e-bikes allow you to easily ride up Asheville’s steep hills!
Asheville Electric Bike Rental
- 2 Hours
- 3 Hours
- 4 Hours
- 5 Hours
- 8 Hours
Explore Asheville Your Way
In addition to leading awesome tours, The Flying Bike is proud to rent out our fleet of Pedego electric bikes. Whether you want to explore Asheville on your own or you want to keep enjoying our electric bikes after the conclusion of your guided tour, our electric bike rentals are a great option! Renting a bike gives you the flexibility to see the city at your own pace and set your own itinerary. The electric pedal assist and throttles on our bikes make it easy for folks of all fitness levels to enjoy a ride and wander as far as they like! As locals and fans of our own great city, we’re happy to provide you with maps and recommendations for things to do, places to explore, and breweries and restaurants to stop in to get a taste of Asheville.
We also recommend rain gear, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a camera. On the back rack of each bike is a bag the size of a shoebox with a waterproof cover.
- Bike lock
- Filtered water refill station. Please bring your own water bottle!
- Rear cargo bag with rain cover
- Ponchos for unexpected rain
- Integrated lights for exploring Asheville at night!
- An interactive map of Asheville’s Greenway Network
- An interactive GIS map of bike-friendly roads and bike-only paths (turn on Bicycle Suitability Index map layer)
Rental Bike Models
Pedego Boomerang Plus
The Pedego Boomerang Plus is the lowest step-through electric bike on the market, which means it’s easy to mount and comfortable to ride for folks of all ages and ability levels! It is a great option for easy around-town riding.
This e-bike has a classic look and feel to it. With wide handlebars for upright and ergonomic riding, you will feel comfortable while you conquer the hills of Asheville.
This bike is designed to accommodate two riders. We can equip it with a child’s seat for children as young as one year old or we can adjust it for older children. Even adults ride on the back! Bring the whole family with you on your rental!
The Pedego Element is a fat tire bike that is fast and fun. The Element is compact and offers a stable ride, its wide, off-road tires help you grip the street or trails.
- All renters must wear a helmet at all times while they are riding the bike.
- The legal age to operate electric bikes is 16 years old.
- A driver’s license is not required to ride an electric bike.
- Our suggested minimum height is 5 feet tall to operate your own e-bike. Shorter participants may accompany another tour-goer as a passenger on a cargo bike.
- The weight limit for the Pedego Boomerang is 350 lbs, and greater for our cargo bikes.
- While no experience riding an electric bike necessary, guests must be able to confidently ride a standard bike. If it has been a while since you’ve been on a bike, we highly recommend you practice, even just once, before you pick up your rental.
- Your safety is our first priority, and if you do not feel comfortable riding your electric bike at the start of the rental period, we’ll offer you a full refund.
- All riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult chaperone who is 25 years or older and who must stay with the group at all times during the rental.
In the event of inclement weather, we will contact you an hour before your scheduled rental to see if you’d still like to ride. If you decide against it, we can reschedule your rental for another time/day or provide a full refund.